top of page


What the property seller should do

  1. Sign the full Sale Agreement and Addendums (if any). Date of key hand over (occupation date) to be confirmed in sale agreement.

  2. Appoint transfer attorney and send signed sale agreement to transfer attorney to attend to transfer of property.

  3. Furnish FICA and other documents to transfer attorney.

  4. Existing bond? Furnish bond account details to transfer attorney;

  5. Give notice to bank of intention to cancel bond.

  6. Maintain bond installments until date of registration.

  7. Maintain property insurance until date of registration.

  8. Maintain property until date of registration.

  9. Arrange for issuing of electrical compliance certificate by registered electrician and gas certificate (if applicable).

  10. Ensure that rates account is in order and meters are in proper working condition.

  11. Ensure any outstanding tax queries are addressed with SARS.

  12. Sign transfer documents with transfer attorney when called upon to do so. Furnish transfer attorney with banking details for payment of proceeds.

  13. Details of Homeowners Association / Managing Agent (if applicable).

  14. Make payment of the rates clearance figures to the transfer attorney upon receipt thereof from the transfer attorney. The seller is liable for the full amount levied by the Council and apportionment will take place after registration by the Council. It remains the responsibility of the seller to obtain his refund from the Council.

  15. Make payment of the levy clearance figures / homeowners association clearance figures (if applicable) to the transfer attorney upon receipt of the figures from the transfer attorney.

  16. After registration of transfer, ensure accounts are closed at the local municipality.

Documents to be supplied by seller to the attorney

Click to download..

  1. Natural Person / Close Corporation / Company / Trust?

    1. Natural Person

      1. identity document;

      2. marriage certificate;

      3. ante-nuptial contract;

      4. income tax number;

      5. proof of current physical address.

    2. Close Corporation

      1. CK1;

      2. CK2;

      3. Identity document of authorised signatory;

      4. Income tax number;

      5. VAT number;

      6. Proof of address of Corporation;

      7. Details of Accounting Officer.

    3. Company

      1. Certificate of Incorporation;

      2. Certificate to Commence Business;

      3. Memorandum of Incorporation;

      4. Copy of identity document of authorised signatory;

      5. Income tax number;

      6. Vat number;

      7. Proof of address of Company;

      8. Details of Auditor.

    4. Trust

      1. Letters of Authority;

      2. Trust Deed;

      3. Proof of address of Trust;

      4. Income Tax Number;

      5. VAT number;

      6. Copy of identity document of authorised signatory;

      7. Details of Auditor.

    5. Rates account of property;

    6. Levy statement (if applicable);

    7. Electrical Compliance Certificate;

    8. Original li_1 deed (if applicable);

    9. Gas Certificate (if applicable);

    10. Borehole certificate (if applicable);

    11. NHBRC certificate if new property.

What the seller should do
Docs to be supplied by seller
Download Sellers Docs


Click to download file...

bottom of page